How has it already been one year? It feels like just the other day Isaac was taking me out for our first date, and now here we are, celebrating our first year of marriage. This has been the most incredible, rewarding and trying year of my life. Living with someone is already so different, but add on figuring out marriage and being real life adults for the first time, and it’s even crazier. Even though there have been ups and downs, I wouldn’t change this year for the world. God has taught us so much about patience, unconditional love, forgiveness and grace. People say the first year is always the hardest, and if that’s true, I can’t wait to see what the next 60 years hold!
I love you to the moon and back, Isaac.
So to reflect on Year One, Isaac and I decided to write down 10 things we’ve learned about each other since we got married.
Things We Learned in Year One
- Isaac still thinks my jokes are hilarious. He’ll laugh even if they aren’t funny. #thatswhyIkeephimaround
- Isaac has become a master meal prepper! He preps his lunch almost every week.
- If Isaac could live off of one drink for the rest of his life, it would be sweet tea. He drinks way more than I thought he did.
- When Isaac watches a funny show, he slaps everything in sight- his leg, the couch, my arm and even the coffee table.
- Isaac loves Lillie more than almost anything in the world. He calls her his “sweet girl”.
- He has perfected the art of turning his alarm off in his sleep.
- Put a bag of chips and a bowl of salsa in front of Isaac, and it will be gone within an hour.
- Isaac loves trying different types of food. His criteria for a good restaurant are sketchy on the outside and dirty on the inside.
- He watches YouTube. All. The. Time.
- Isaac has a collection of dirty clothes on his side of the bed that he thinks I don’t know about.
- Becca has a very low tolerance for eating noises. Smacking, crunching, scraping, slurping…
- She takes personal offense when I fart on Lillie.
- A slightly cluttered room stresses Becca out big time. She needs everything to be picked up and clean.
- Becca watches Netflix. All. The. Time.
- Healthy food tastes good when she makes it. I never thought I’d like quinoa until she made some for me.
- I have to wait for her to Instagram our meals before I’m allowed to eat them.
- For Becca, #blogislife.
- Wearing deodorant is no longer optional ever since I married Becca.
- Based on her teaching stories, I would have been her least favorite student in 3rd grade
- “Morning person” for Becca means 4:30 AM. Not quite what I had thought when she said she liked getting up early.
As you can tell, we learned a lot about each other, and loved every second of it. There’s just something so special about sharing every little bit of you with the person you love the most. I love being married and I can’t wait to grow old with Isaac.
To celebrate our anniversary, we decided to go on a trip to Florida! Today is our first day here, and if you’ve been following us on Instagram or Snapchat, you have seen all the fun we’ve been having. Make sure to follow us so you don’t miss out. #FOMO is the worst, y’all!