I don’t know if you realized this yet, but I L-O-V-E Kodiak Cakes. I first heard about them on a Shark Tank episode (even though they ended up turning down the sharks), so when I finally found some at Target a few years ago, I was so excited. And y’all… from my first pancake I was hooked!
I love that these mixes offer a healthier spin on your traditional baking mix. They use 100% whole grains, have no added sugar or preservatives, and only need water to make some delicious flapjacks and waffles. They have their original mix, but over the years have grown to include mixes like their Power Cakes mix with added protein (which is my faaave!), Gluten Free mix, Organic Oats mix and Superfoods mix. They also have all sorts of muffin mixes, dessert mixes (hellooo brownies), and oatmeal cups for breakfast on the go. I can’t wait to try them all! But, best of all, you can use the mixes for all kinds of different baked goods, from scones and quick bread to muffins and cookies. Kodiak Cakes has provided me with a quick and easy way to make some nutritious baked goods with ingredients I can trust, and a quality that is unparalleled.
So I’m sure it’s no surprise that when I found their Power Cakes mix at Costco, I didn’t think twice about adding it to my cart! I mean, a jumbo box of my favorite baking mix? Yes, please!
The other day I had some friends come over to my new apartment, and when thinking of what to make, muffins came to mind. I’ve created all sorts of muffin recipes in the past, and wanted to do something a little different this time around. Cinnamon sugar came to mind, and so this recipe was born! After some taste testing with one of my best friends, a little refinement and lots of muffins later, I come to you with these ah-ma-zing Cinnamon Sugar Kodiak Cake Muffins.
Seriously, they’re SO good!
My favorite part? The cinnamon sugar on top. *heart eyes*
Pair these muffins with some eggs and fresh fruit in the morning for a nutritious breakfast, or heat up with a little butter on the inside for a midday snack! I’m sure you’ll love these muffins just as much as I do. 😉
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 egg whites (or 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with parchment paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, mix together the muffin ingredients until a batter has formed.
- Evenly pour batter into each muffin cup, filling them almost to the top.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Lightly sprinkle the mixture over the batter in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 17 minutes, or until the muffins are firm to the touch and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 3 minutes in the pan, then remove and finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week!
Looking for more Kodiak Cakes deliciousness? Check out my Peanut Butter Banana Muffins. You’ll LOVE them!
Now it’s your turn to talk! Answer one of these questions in the comments below:
Have you ever tried Kodiak Cakes before?
What is your favorite muffin recipe?