On Tuesday Isaac and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary. I still can’t believe that it’s been two years… On one hand I feel like time has flown by, but on the other, I can barely remember what life was like before. Marriage has been both the most rewarding and most difficult thing I’ve ever done, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I love that I get to live life with my best friend, laugh with him, share my struggles with him, and build a future with him by my side. The Lord has taught me so much about what it means to be a servant, the importance of forgiveness and grace, and that marriage is so much more than a feeling. It’s a commitment, a daily decision to put the other person first, and, although imperfect, a representation of Christ and the Church.
Our anniversary this year was low-key, with a fancy steak dinner and dancing, and it was such a fun evening! We also had our pictures taken by the talented Kelli Holder, who I actually got to work with a few weeks ago at my brother’s wedding. As a photographer, I know the value and importance of pictures, and I am so happy we were able to have our pictures taken to remember our second year of marriage. I am beyond thankful for Kelli, her sweet spirit, crazy photography skills, and her friendship!
On our way to our anniversary dinner, Isaac and I began reminiscing about the past year of marriage. The more we talked about it, the more we realized how crazy a year it’s been! And today I’m sharing our top ten memories from Year 2.
Our Favorite Memories!
1. Going on our first overseas mission trip together to Romania.
2. Becca starting her photography business!
3. Our first camping trip as a family.
4. Our best friends getting a puppy that has now become Lillie’s boyfriend and BFF 4 life.
5. Lillie having fun on our snow day.
6. Running our third half marathon together in San Antonio.
7. Starting my lip biz, and Isaac becoming the perfect #SeneHusband 😉
8. Isaac graduating college with a degree in Industrial Engineering!
9. Our other best friends having their first baby and getting to finally hold sweet little Tommie Grace.
10. And my favorite memory of all, getting to wake up each morning with my best friend by my side.
It’s been an incredible year, and I can’t wait to see what the future holds. I love you to the moon and back, Isaac Allen Hicks.